The Accidental Prime Minister
The Accidental Prime Minister is an Indian upcoming biographical political drama film. The film is presented by Rudra Production (UK), Bohra Bros in association with Dr Jayantilal Gada (Pen India Limited) and directed by Vijay Ratnakar Gutte and was written by Mayank Tewari. The film star cast include Anupam Kher as Manmohan Singh, the economist and politician who served as the Prime Minister of India from 2004 to 2014 under the United Progressive Alliance. The film is based on the 2014 life of our beloved prime minister Dr. Manmohan Singh. With launch of new poster the release date has been announced, 11th January, 2019.
source – MSN.com
- Anupam Kher as Manmohan Singh, former Prime Minister of Republic of India during 2004 to 2014
- Akshaye Khanna as Sanjaya Baru, political commentator.
- Suzanne Bernert as Sonia Gandhi, former president of Indian National Congress .
- Aahana Kumra as Priyanka Gandhi, daughter of Sonia Gandhi.
- Arjun Mathur as Rahul Gandhi, son of Sonia Gandhi
- Abdul Quadir Amin as Ajay Singh Vimal Verma as Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Avter Saini as Lal Krishna Advani
- Anil Rastogi as Shivraj Patil
- Ajit Satbhai as V. Narasimha_Rao, former prime minister of India.
- Chitragupta Sinha as V. Ranga_Rao, Elder son of P.V.Narasimha Rao
source – Mid-Day
Principle photography was begun on 31st March, 2018 in London. The London-based shooting schedule concluded on 21st April, 2018 and next is India. In India, most of the shoot occurred in New Delhi which later wrapped up on 4th July 2018.
The first look of the film was released on 6th June, 2017 through Anupam Kher’s official Twitter handle. Fresh poster of the film announcing the release date of the film and the trailer was presented on 27th December, 2018.
Let’s have a look on the trailer:
source – YouTube
Former Censor Board chief Pahlaj Nihalani said that the filmmakers will need to the obtain a No – objection certificates from former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Indian National Congress President (Rahul Gandhi) for the film.